Sunday, March 22, 2009

Simple Fun

We've all been having fits with our allergies, so this week we opted for simple fun this week. This created what I thought were some really cute picture opps. Here's what we did.
First off, Alex learned to eat yogurt all by himself................sort of.
We decided the boys should start learning about games. I know you're all having a complete heart attack, but I don't want my children to be total weirdos just 'cause their mom hates games, so I sacrificed :) We made a trip to Walmart and bought Hungry Hippos and Elefun. I don't think Elefun is worth the money, but Jameson and Alex think it's kinda fun. It's an elephant fan that blows "butterflies" out of it's nose into the air and you're supposed to catch the butterflies. Their favorite thing about the game is the nets your supposed to catch the "butterflies" in. The only thing is that they like to use them as hats instead of their intended use. Hungry Hippos was the biggest hit. For me it was because it doesn't require batteries, but Jameson is obsessed! He wakes up in the morning wanting to play. It's really fun. He really is wanting his cousin Jada to come over to play it because there is a pink hippo. He likes to tell everyone that the pink hippo is for Jada, even if he's at the grocery store or at church.
We also made a trip to the park this week. We went pretty early in the morning, which turned out to be perfect because, for the most part, we had the place to ourselves. It was so nice to be able to let the boys run wherever they wanted. They had a blast. Jameson was so brave, trying all the play equipment, and even going down the big slides BY HIMSELF. Alex enjoyed the sand, and getting as dirty as possible. I got a bunch of pics of Alex, but Jameson wouldn't hold still for a second, so I didn't get any of him. It was really fun though. Nice and relaxing. We did pay for it with our allergies later, but I think it was worth it.
On Thurs, Scott's wife Jenna came over with baby Eva to hang out. My boys just LOVE little Eva, and she tolerates them quite well. Jameson loves to look at her and snuggle her, and kiss her, and talk to her. It's just adorable. Alex, on the other hand, really likes to just stand by her and stare. He never makes a sound, and never tries to touch her, he just stares. I think he's still trying to figure out what she's all about. He's also a sympathetic crier. If she starts to cry he gets scared and starts crying. It's really pretty cute.
Then of coarse there was lots and LOTS of reading books. Alex has just discovered books. He loves us to read to him and brings us books all day long. I think there's nothing more fun than sitting with my boys reading a book. Here are a few shots of reading time when Daddy got home one night.

8 comments:

Joele and Matt said...

I love the net hat and Alex eating yogurt! I know I keep saying it, but those boys are just sooooo darn cute!! Looks like loads of fun:)

Rubalcavas said...

Sounds like a fun week! I can't believe how grown up Alex looks.

OurFamily said...

Looks like fun! Your boys are so adorable.

Malia said...

Jameson was so cute in Primary yesterday. Emily Campbell had all the kids take of their shoes and put them into a basket, but he put in both. She would pull them out and test the kids on the words to the song. She pulled out both of his shoes and he exclaimed, "Those are mine! Those are mine! Those are Jamesons!!!"

It was so cute :)

Malori and Jon Saline said...

That sounds like a great week!!!!! I loved hungry hungry hippos when I was a kid and I was always the pink hippo.

Missy said...

Allergies are the pits! Ack! Sounds like you and the kids have done well keeping busy with fun things. My girls love books now too, it's really fun.

CASSIE said...

How cute! I have to apoligize for introducing them into the game world so early...thats all they want to do when they're over here...and elefun and hungry hippos are the favs! They like goin fishin and hullabaloo too...Jameson is always a crack up! They can play Friday night again! You are soo brave to let Alex eat by himself...I always hate the mess--my poor sheltered kids..

lundgrenville said...

Looks like you guys had a fun week. :)The boys are cuties