Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Who knew a bed could be so exciting

When we moved into our new house & put the boys in the same room we realized that, now that there was so much space in their room, Jameson was probably getting a little big to still be in his toddler bed. I was talking to my mom on Skype & mentioned to her that we were going to go looking for a new bed for Jameson. He heard & came running over to tell her how he was going to "get a new bunk bed". He's had a couple of slumber parties with his cousin Isaac who has a bunk bed, and had apparently decided that bunk beds were the only way to go. We had decided we shouldn't spend money on things that weren't absolutely needed. When I told my mom that, she said we should go ahead & get the bunk beds now instead of getting one regular bed now & bunk beds later when we had saved up some more money. It made sense, & with that advice, & a great bunk bed on sale, I decided to go for it so we ordered the bunk bed. Jameson has been so excited & has been telling everyone that he is "getting a bunk bed, but it's not ready yet." This week we finally got the call that they were in so we went to pick them up & Klint & I spent a couple of hours putting them together last night. The boys are in complete heaven. They think they're such big boys. The are not , however, getting much sleep, but I'm sure that will get better once the excitement wears off. I just had to show off these cute pics of the boys excitedly getting into bed for the night. Thanks Mom! Advice works even all the way from Africa! I love how Alex is just giggling so hard he can't look at the camera

My cute little Jameson is getting so grown up. He's thrilled to be big enough to sleep on the top bunk.

I love the cute excitement on my little Alex's face. He's turned into such a big boy all of the sudden.

6 comments:

Rubalcavas said...

They are so cute and grown up! I love the view behind their bed too...awesome!

Joanna Brimhall said...

Your boys are too adorable! and i still love that New York skyline wall paper! It just makes the whole room look fun. :-)

Kristen said...

I had a bunk bed when i was little that I shared with my sister, and I LOVED it! Bunk beds are the funnest, and it clears up a lot of space for playing!!

LBJ said...

Wow! They are growing up. They look adorable in their new beds.
Now I just have to worry about them falling and breaking an arm and you giving me as much blame as you did credit for this good idea.
Love you all.

Unknown said...

thye are so cute!!! how fun!

CASSIE said...

So fun!! That is what we'll do soon I am sure! And they can dream of Ness and I everynight with the NY background!