Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More accomplished.....still even more to do

After giving myself a short break from decorating I decided I'd better get inspired again so I could get going on it if I'm ever going to get it done. I'm determined to have it pretty well done before my parents get home from their mission. (That gives me a year, so that tells you how much there is left to do.) I decided to get myself motivated I'd take a trip to Hobby Lobby & that was the trip I discovered the 80% off clearance aisle. Here were my finds. Originally $60, bought it for $12

Originally $35 (didn't have any hands), bought it for $8 and the hands for $2.99.


Originally $70, bought it for $14
Before: it had a broken mirror in the big open part, I just didn't trust that my kids wouldn't mess with it & cut themselves so I took that out immediately when I got home

After:
I took some leftover scrapbook paper & attempted my first modge podge project. Thanks to the help from Stacy I think it turned out ok. Below is my favorite part. (Totally Stacy's idea)

All those cute things from Hobby Lobby meant I had to get going on the room painting so I had somewhere to hang them. Here's the before of the family room & kitchen.
Here's the After: See if you can spot my Hobby Lobby clearance finds.
(don't mind the mess. I hadn't done the cleaning up after my painting & it was already midnight so I didn't care)
These pics turned out pretty bad so I'll take more & update them soon (and by soon I mean when I've got my house clean enough to want to take more pics. It's spring break & we're enjoying it way too much to do very much cleaning right now.) I'll be sure to get some from similar angles as the before pics were taken. We're getting there. The downstairs is almost done. Hooray!!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm impressed! You ARE a decorator!

Missy said...

What a beautiful home! You did a great job! I love finding awesome deals like that.

Kristen said...

Wow, your house is gorgeous, I LOVE LOVE the combined living room/kitchen space area... so you can cook and watch the kids at the same time! I'm very jealous of all that space you have too.
Can't believe you got such great deals... and that clock for $8?? Amazing. Gonna have to visit that store!

Joele and Matt said...

Looking good! I'm impressed with your crafty skills:)

CASSIE said...

seriously...I am impressed! Things are coming along nicely! Way to go!

Joanna Brimhall said...

Hobby lobby clearance asile rocks. I just got a HUGE mirror that is normally $300 for $50. Maybe we can be house decorating buddies for the next year :-)

LBJ said...

And you always said you not only weren't good at crafty stuff, but that you hated it. I know you would come over from the dark side. Bien Fait!
I always knew you had it in you. It beautiful. I love the red accents. It really makes it pop!