Sunday, September 6, 2009

Always Learning

The other night we had a big storm. I was sitting with Jameson reading a book before bed when he got distracted from the book (shocker) and started looking out the window. Suddenly he turned to me and said "Mom, I got a question." (Which actually just means he wants to tell you something. He never actually asks a question.) Then he said, "Look, there's fireworks at our house." As I looked outside I realized that he was noticing lightning out the window and hearing thunder for the first time. I told him it wasn't fireworks, that it was lightning and thunder. He said OK, and we went back to our book. I just love little moments like that. Those are the cute things that I'm keeping this blog for. I always want to remember those sweet little innocent moments that are so cute. It always reminds me to never take a teaching moment for granted because there are so many wonderful things to teach these sweet boys.

5 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

Jameson seriously looks like a porcelain doll in this picture...i love it!!

Corinne said...

The picture was taken by my fabulous sis-in-law Jenna. I don't even know how she got that picture because he wouldn't stand still or look at the camera during the shoot. She is an AMAZING photagrapher!

Rocker Mama said...

You're such an awesome mom! Love those boyz! :)

Unknown said...

That is the most fantastic picture!!! I love it!!!!
What a sweet little story too! Your boys are so precious!

Whitney said...

I've just decided that Jameson could have been a model for Norman Rockwell paintings. You know he has his own little agenda and he is so, so cute!