Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Wow"

Our little Jameson had to have tubes put in his ears yesterday for a second time. The first set he got was put in a month before he turned 2 and they worked wonders. In fact they made such a difference that I didn't even think to have his hearing checked until his 5 year well check. When I mentioned it to the Dr he thought it wouldn't hurt to have a hearing test done, so we scheduled one. Even the audiologist that we took him to thought there was no way he wouldn't pass the hearing test with flying colors because he speaks so well, so we were all shocked when he didn't pass the hearing test. They sent us to an ENT where they checked him out & did another hearing test that he once again failed. Because it was during the "cold" months we decided to wait a few months to see if anything changed, but when we went back & was tested he once again failed the hearing test so the Dr said we should try another round of tubes, so it was set up. He was such a good boy. He was very brave & charmed everyone he talked to at the surgery center with his constant chatter about everything transformers. At one point he told everyone that he hoped the surgery would change him into a red transformer. He didn't cry a single tear. We were so proud of him. Here he is snuggled up with Daddy waiting to be called back while Mama did paperwork. It was VERY early in the morning, but he was happy.
The procedure only took about 15mins, but they had to put him under general anesthesia to do it. He did great & didn't cry one tear. He was obviously feeling weird, a little uncomfortable, and definitely very loopy, but he was so brave and didn't cry one tear. He just cuddled up on my lap. When we talked to him he just kept saying "Wow!" Here he is just after surgery. He's obviously pretty loopy.
Here we are on the way home. I'm not sure if he fell asleep or not, but he was certainly relaxed.
You wouldn't even know he had surgery yesterday. He's back to his same old busy self today.

5 comments:

LBJ said...

We're glad that he's doing so well. Sounds like the cute guy was great! Hope the parents are too.

Unknown said...

yay!!!! glad everything is going great with him and so happy the surgery turned out well!

CASSIE said...

Poor little buddy!! I hope all is well and his hearing is restored! We miss you guys!

Jim and Brooke said...

I know how you feel. 3 out of my 4 boys have had tubes, and Justin has had to have them twice. Ah, ear problems are fun, aren't they. I am grateful for the procedure, because it does seem to produce great results. Lots of love to your family! :)

Nick and Ashley said...

What a good attitude! I'm sure he gets that from his mom, I don't think I've ever heard a sour note from you. How's the hearing now? Better? I assume. Any sign of transformers? Super cute.

By the by, love Chick-fil-a!