Saturday, January 8, 2011

Calling all Transformers

We had Jameson's first "friend" birthday party. Of course he wanted it all about Transformers. Jameson requested an all boys party. When I asked him who he wanted to invite he said "just boys, cause girls don't play Transformers." We invited the boys from his preschool class, a couple from his primary class & his cousins and had a great time. I made a Transformers cake, which thankfully came together just how I'd hoped. Jameson saw me start it, but I waited to finish it until after he went to bed so it could be a surprise when he woke up the day of the party. He was SO excited to see it and I was happy he liked it. I think it turned out to be a great first "friend" birthday party. Here are the pics!
Here's the cake.
Thank heavens Grammy & Papa gave the boys a swing set for Christmas. The boys had a blast playing on it.
About to have some cake. (from bottom left around the table: Jacob, Alex, Jameson, Dylan, Cody, Tanner, Nate, & Isaac) Here they are singing to Jameson. I love the look on Jameson's face. He was so happy.
After cake & presents we played a few Transformer games like Optimus Prime says & Find the cube & Get Megatron (Daddy). This is when we turned them all into Transformers for the games.

7 comments:

Rubalcavas said...

What a fun party! Awesome cake!

LBJ said...

the Cake is awesome!! The great cake tradition continues. Grandpa would be so proud. It looks and sounds like a total success. So, how's Daddy doing after all the fun?

LBJ said...

The Cake is awesome!! The great cake tradition continues. Grandpa would be so proud. It looks and sounds like a total success. So, how's Daddy doing after all the fun?

Malori said...

That cake is great!!! Looks like fun!

Missy said...

What a fun party, and an awesome cake too!

CASSIE said...

NICE CAKE! A little boys dream come true!!

Steve and Steph said...

what a great cake!! nice job!!