I guess I should have explained in my last post that I'll be doing this trip in a few posts mostly because I took about 165 pictures on this trip.
Sat we all headed out to Palmyra, NY to see the LDS church history sites there. It was about an hour and a half drive from their house. We lucked out by going when we did. It turned out to be the perfect opportunity to see the fall colors. It was beautiful.
I'd been to these church history sites about 15 years ago (when I was 14) with my family, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find that everything had been changed and it was amazing. It was like visiting a whole different place. Our first stop was the Hill Cumorah. That is where The Prophet Joseph Smith received the gold plates that would eventually be translated into the Book of Mormon. .
When I had been there before it was just the hill itself and a monument. A few years ago they built a beautiful new visitor's center
Here is my family in front of the Christus statue in the visitor's center.
The hill was so beautiful with the fall colors.
After the visitor's center we climbed the hill. Here are the kids climbing the hill.
My family on the way up the hill.
Us with the monument at the top of the hill.
The view from the hill was beautiful.

The kiddos (except Taya who was in the stroller)
Topher, Timmy, Alex, Ranan, Maura, Jada, Jameson

The boys liked looking at things from the top of the hill. Jameson was "looking for tigers" and Alex was pointing at all kids of things. I just thought it was cute.
3 comments:
LOOK AT THOSE CUTE KIDDOS!! You got some really pretty pictures!! We really really enjoyed having you guys here! Thanks for coming!!
These pictures are gorgeous!!
The time of year was wonderful. The fall colors made spectacular pictures. Thanks so much for sharing it all with us. I'm gong to read it a few times. Your right that I would have loved it. I love you blog and will do "the tour" a bunch of times.
It makes me want to look at the pictures of our trip 15 years ago too. It was a great trip when we did it and I'm glad your family got to do this.
Post a Comment