It looks like I've been a huge slacker with the blog lately, but the truth is I'm still trying to get settled into this new routine. I thought once we got past the newborn phase with the boys we'd be done with my life happening in 2 hour increments, but not so. Here is how our 2 hour increments go:
6:30 - boys way up and since our children really only have 1 volume, that means everyone else is up too so we start getting every one ready for the day, lunches made, homework finished up & put in backpacks & watch a little Sesame Street.
8:30 - We head out to drop Jameson off at school, then on Mon, Wed, & Fri 15 mins later we head off to take Alex to preschool & pick up nephew Isaac to watch him while Alex goes to his 2 hour class. Tues we head to my 2 hour Notations rehearsal.
11:30 - Pick up Alex from preschool & drop Isaac off (M,W,F). Next Alex & I head home to have lunch & put Alex down for a nap, you guessed it, he usually sleeps for 2 hours.
12:30-2:30 - Alex sleeps & I get a little time to get things done, thus not much blogging happening.
2:30ish - Alex & I spend a little time hanging out, snuggling, watching a show, & having a snack
before we head out to pick up Jameson from school.
4:00 - (it's not quite 2 hours) pick up Jameson, come home, work on homework, get dinner ready & decompress from school before Daddy comes home for dinner at 6.
6:00 - Dinner and family time until bed
8:00 - Bedtime for boys
10:00 - Bedtime for Mom & Dad
Though it may look like we planned for this to happen, we didn't, it's just the schedule that we
have naturally settled into. While it is busy, and there are quite a few things I left out, (soccer,
music class, & Mama working) it's really not too bad, and it kinda makes the days go by quickly.
Since I don't like to blog without pictures here are a few random pics from the last couple of weeks.
Alex & I surprised Jameson and came to have lunch with him at school. They were both happy to see their brother.
Here's Alex in his new soccer duds w/his new soccer ball.
3 comments:
It is taking time to settle into our "back to school" routine too! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you!
I'm sure glad that you can't do a blog without pictures. Those are great ones.
I forgot about the two hour schedule of newborns. You are one busy girl.
Post a Comment