Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Visit to see Grandma Layton

On Labor Day we all had the day off, which sadly very rarely happens, so we decided to do something we haven't done for a long time & go visit Klint's Grandma Layton in Central, Arizona. I went to college in the Gila Valley & I always love a chance to go back. I think it is such a beautiful little place. We headed out in the morning and went straight to Grandma Layton's for a visit. After visiting for a while we decided to go have some lunch at R & R Pizza then we stopped at a park to let the boys run & play for a while. It was such a beautiful day. It was overcast & perfect for some time at the park. Here are some pics of the boys playing.
Jameson was running around trying to play on everything.
Alex was just happy to have Daddy push him on the swing or follow his brother.
After some time at the park we headed back to Grandma's to pick her up so we could all go to the cemetery where Grandpa Layton is buried. It's on the top of a hill that at one time belonged to Grandpa Layton's father who was a farmer. Grandpa wanted to be able to overlook the whole valley from his spot at the edge of the hill, and he can. Here's Grandma showing what was "Layton Land" at one time.
You can look out on the beautiful valley & see the new temple from this spot of the cemetery.
Grandpa Layton's military foot stone. He served his country, after being drafted into the Army, as a tank driver in Germany & Czechoslovakia during World War II.
It was such a day great trip & it's always so wonderful to spend some time with Grandma.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad you guys got to visit her! it looks like such a nice day there :) hope you gave her enough kisses for all of us!

CASSIE said...

I am so glad you posted this! I learned so much and miss Grandma even more! Love ya!

Kimmie said...

I love Alex's paper for your parents about stretching out his arms! Cutest!
Also congratulations so so so much on the baby! I can't wait for you to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

Steph Thomas said...

It is cool that you live so close to family that you get to take these one day family trips.