Monday, February 28, 2011

Saga of the Poor Pooch

The day my brother and his family left to go back home our poor little pooch had surgery to repair his broken leg. He now is equipped with some very expensive hardware including one metal plate, 9 screws and some wire. They are very hopeful that his leg will now heal. He was still so loopy from the anesthesia when I went to pick him up. He kept trying hard to stay awake, but he just couldn't keep his eyes open. He couldn't even hold his head up. It was so sad and pathetic and a little bit cute. Here are a couple of pics I snapped of him. The first one was when we first got in the car to take him home after surgery & the second is how he was asleep when we got home. He was sufficiently drugged for the next couple of days, but soon he was back to his hyper little self again. He seems to be much more comfortable that he was when we were trying the cast approach. He just got his stitches out a few days ago &, although he is still in the cone of shame for one more week to be sure his incision heals before he starts licking it to death, he seems to be healing well and doing so much better. Now the hard part is trying to keep him from jumping around for the next couple of months cause he is one crazy puppy.

1 comment:

Bracken and Bracken said...

I can't even tell you how this picture melts my heart. I had a little black poodle as a kid that broke his leg :( he turned out to be ok and I know your puppy will be too!