Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Parties & Trunk-or-Treat

We've been partying like crazy for Halloween this year already and it's not even here yet. It's been lots of fun. We started the festivities off Fri night with our friend's annual party. It's always so fun. Klint and I don't often dress up, but this year we just couldn't pass it up with both the boys being dressed as chickens it was just too easy to be chicken farmers. The boys had a great time and we had fun letting them play with friends and getting to enjoy some adult conversation. (I was having such a good time I hardly took any pictures, oops!) Klint even won the "guess how many candy corns in the jar" by guessing the exact number, which resulted in us going home with a cute jar and 765 candy corns! (We'll be eating candy corn for the rest of our lives.) It was so fun! Thanks Johnsons!
The next night it was off to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. After letting Jameson get a little candy we hung out at our car and handed out candy. We put the boys in the back of the car and just opened the back window. They had fun and we were happy our chickens were penned up so they couldn't cause trouble.
We were parked next to our friends the Orr family and coincidentally their cute little Josh was a chicken too, so we decided to pen them all up together. (Josh Orr, Jameson, and Alex)Pretty soon we picked up a dinosaur. They thought it was fun just long enough to get a picture. They were so cute! We love having all these great friends in our ward! (Stanton Curry, Alex, Jameson, & Josh Orr) Then Mon night my parents had their annual "Grammy & Papa's Halloween Party" without any adults. This was the first year Jameson has been old enough to go to the party and he was so excited! He ate dinner, played games, had treats, learned all about ghosts and Papa taught him how to scream and scare some one, which actually scared him out of his skin. Because no parents are allowed we all went to dinner together and we always have an equally good time. Jameson had a fabulous time at the party and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. Thanks Grammy & Papa for including him this year. Here are all the cousins that came to the party in their Halloween costumes. (We missed you Jameson cousins)

8 comments:

CASSIE said...

Hilarious! How did you manage to find those cute costumes! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Fun fun! You guys have been busy! I'm jealous of all your fun Halloween activities... nobody does anything here... :(
I died laughing at the pic of you guys with your little chickens! You sure can pull off the 'overalls look.' :) What a cute idea!
Have a fun Halloween!... and we need to get together! we miss you guys!

Rubalcavas said...

Those two boys are the cutest chickens I've ever seen! What a cute family you have...we miss you guys tons!

Meagan said...

What cute little chickens!! That is such a cute idea for your parents to do a party.... I will have to suggest that to my Dad for when our kids get a little older :)

Emily Johnson said...

That is so funny you guys were the chicken farmers!!! That is awesome!

Joele and Matt said...

That is awesome!!! The boys looked great and so did you and Klint:)

Celeste Dana said...

What a fun Halloween. My poor kids!! This year I bought our pumpkins late and our nights were so busy we never even carved them.

Nick and Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE IT! Hilarious! You guys are the cutest chicken fam ever!