One of the major highlights of our New Orleans trip was the amazing World War II Museum. I've always been slightly obsessed with WWII so I was very excited to go and it blew my mind. It was so much more than I ever could have imagined. We spent the entire day there & probably could have spent more time. It had the most amazing 4D movie that I think should be required watching for everyone. The museum goes through all fronts of this complicated war from Germany, to the Pacific, to what was happening at home. Here are the pictures we took.

This sweet volunteer sat in this chair next to this boat and told people about this particular kind of boat, which he knew a lot about because he actually captained this type of boat in the pacific.
Here was a bunker.
They have an entire building filled with planes that flew in WWII and have been restored. They are suspended at different levels so you can walk across catwalks and see them from every angle. This is a view of the planes from the ground.
One part that was particularly meaningful for us was this tank. Klint's grandpa Corthel Layton was drafted into the army and drove a tank in WWII. It was really neat to get to see a real tank up close complete with what was on it & what those who would have been inside it wore & carried. It was very meaningful to see it all up close and have that connection.
I was very happy to see that they were equip with a box of Hershey's Chocolate cause everyone needs a morsel.
Here are the planes from above/different catwalks.
We left the museum saying we will some day come back to New Orleans with our kids just so we can bring them to this amazing museum. I think every person should see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment