Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cow vs. Cop

If you're a regular reader of my blog (thanks for caring) and you know how terrified my poor little Alex is of the Chick-fil-a cow. I have no idea why, but if it's there while we're there he is terrified and begs to leave. Tonight we decided to take the boys out for dinner. (cause I got caught up in a project & didn't realize it was time for dinner oops! At least we have clean/organized closets now) The wanted to go to Chick-fil-a so we went. Everything was fine for a while, but as the kids were playing the dreaded cow arrived. We waited for Alex to realize it was around, which didn't take long, and we tried to show him the cow was nice. Jameson even gave it high fives and hugs, but it didn't help. He just wanted to leave. As we were gathering our things to go I pointed out a police officer in the restaurant in an effort to distract him from the terrifying cow. The conversation we had was too funny not to record for posterity.

Mama: (trying to distract him) "Look! There's a police officer."

Alex: "Yeah. He gonna shoot the cow?"

We just had to laugh! I couldn't believe that had just come out of my sweet little Alex boy's mouth. I also kinda hoped no one else heard because I didn't want people to think that's what we teach our kids to do when confronted with something they don't like. Just goes to show there's never a dull moment with these boys.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

too cute!!! hey he could have said something worse, and about the cop instead :)

Malori said...

This story is so funny!! Your kids are so cute!

Bracken and Bracken said...

So funny, Dallen hates the cow too!! He likes all the other dressed up guys, just not the cow ;)

Shelene said...

That's the best thing I've ever heard! I miss being around your family and hearing all the great one liners from your boys!